Monday, May 24, 2010

facing the facts...

I have always had a bad back, well at least for a good 10 year or so. I sailed through pregnancy and 3 children though until Friday last week. I bent over to pick up my daughter's cereal bowl of the table and a sharp shooting pain rippled through my back. I knew instantly that I was in for a few days of pain and agony. I have had to re think all the things in my life that might have led to it giving out again after so long. I have not done pilates in 18 months so that is probably a good place to start. I no longer walk for exercise, strike number two. Lifting the chubby baby (who is 10kg at 6 months) in and out of his car seat is strike number 3, and last but probably not least by any means, I have been carrying him around in my wonderful Beco Butterfly II baby carrier. It is so comfortable and doesn't seem to put any strain on my back at the time, but alas, it has probably been the straw that broke the camels back LOL.

So it is with a heavy heart that I realise it has to be sold. I am so sad, I loved it. I loved to carry the little man around in it. It was so convenient to do the school run with him in it, leaving my hands free to carrying backpacks and grabs the other 2 kids when they were playing up LOL. I am going to miss it so much. But I must do it, for my backs sake. I will make a few changes in the other aspects of my life to help my back go the distance. The last thing I want is to be in constant pain and a cripple before I am 32! Goodbye Beco - I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment